What you can expect
Have a go at throwing on the potter's wheel and hand-building with stoneware clay. Experience the techniques and processes required to make pottery, and learn about the different properties of clay, all while having fun and discovering your creative and artistic side!
• All sessions are private to your booking. We do not combine groups or bookings.
• Individual guidance to help you make your own pieces of pottery.
• All clay, materials, and aprons are included.
• You decide what to make. A mug, jug, vase, garden sculpture, or something unique to you.
• Finish your pottery by choosing a glaze to apply colour to your work.
After your session, your work will be dried, fired in the kiln, and ready to collect at a later date. This is complimentary but not part of the experience of the day.
In a 3-hour half-day session, you will have a go at making two items by throwing on the pottery wheel and hand-building with clay.
A full-day session allows you more time to experiment, produce more than two items, or attempt to make something slightly more ambitious!
How long are the sessions?
Half-day sessions are 3 hours, with a short coffee/tea break. You can choose either a morning session from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm, or an afternoon session from 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
Full-day sessions are 7 hours, with a 1-hour break for lunch. Lunch is not provided.